Thursday, June 17, 2010

Quick snapshots from a wonderful weekend

You're all owed more than one good post on the weekend Guy and I just spent in Miami at the AIA Convention (where my co-presenter and I completely kicked ass) and Key West doing some sightseeing and sunburning. However, I've been playing catch-up since I got back into town, so it'll be next week before I can get y'all some decent posts on how marvelous south Florida can be. (However, I remembered why I left Florida after grad school--it was in the high 90s most of the weekend, and the humidity was well over 200%. Guy turned to me at one point and said, "I think I shoulda put deodorant on my balls.) In the meantime, here are a few pictures from Key West.

The front of Ernest Hemingway's house.


Chickens in the Key West graveyard. Key West is a lot like my sister's house--lovely, humid, and kittehs and chikins have the run of the place.


Sunset at the southernmost point in the U.S., located in Key West. Don't be sad, though--the sun also rises.

More later!

2 comments:

Chris said...

I'm heading to Florida in a couple of weeks for a break too. I guess it's what all the 30-something designer-types doing these days. Can't wait for the freak thunderstorms.

Miss Kitty said...

LULZ @ The Sun Also Rises. An excellent book.

Did you get any Hemingway kitteh pictures? Or Key West feral chikin pictures? Plz 2 poast, kthxbai.

I knew you'd be awesome at the presentation. YAYZ!