Monday, December 28, 2009

Here and gone again 2: Electric Boogaloo

We made it back to Denver safely late Sunday afternoon, having missed most of the bad weather over the Western Plains. We hit some crappy stuff heading from St. Louis to Kansas City, where we visited a cousin of Guy's and spent the night on Saturday, but the drive on Sunday was fairly decent. Though I still feel like I'm moving....urk. Maddy and Hazel were a little shell-shocked when we finally decided to roll in this afternoon, but after some medicine, a few treats, some dinner, and some petting, they're starting to act kinda normal. Kinda normal...they're cats, you know.

Guy's going back to work tomorrow for a few days, but this week is the rest of my required furlough days. I have some writing to do, but that's about all I have mandated for myself. I might get into some sorting and cleaning of a few things, maybe scrub the back deck a little again around the cat boxes. (They keep thinking outside the box, and not in a good way, but with the same results as many corporate-speak instances of "thinking outside the box": there's crap everywhere and someone else has to clean it up.) While I've been off work, I really haven't been home and/or sitting still very much, and it's starting to catch up to me, so I look forward to the next few days.

But then it's off to the mountains about mid-week, where we rented a condo with a few friends and will be skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, cooking, drinking (a little), and goofing off again some before it's back to work. But I still have a week off, and some of it isn't all that busy. Time to sleep with a cat on my head...

...oh crap, the cats are due at the vet...

3 comments:

Miss Kitty said...

Better snuggle those kittehs reel gud, cuz their AUNTIE is tummin' to vizit AGAIN! MwaAAAAA-HAHAHAHAAAAA! [Evil Kitteh Snuggling Laugh]

Enginerd said...

you go to mountains to partake of the fluffy whites stuff and you no invite moi?

sadness.

pox upon you then. I go to utah so there! Leaving friday. Hope you have a great time!

Also, may need to put lo-jack on kitteh collars. Me thinks the Southern Cat Steal (aka Miss Kitteh) might swipe them whilst you are away...

Miss Kitty said...

EPIC LULZ @ BaxtersMum! Rite she iz! :-P