Dialogue highlights of the past week:
- "Do you actually need a reason to buy shoes?"
- *sigh* "Why must Coach put their logo on every damn purse they make?!"
- "Maddy only bites you when you're typing; if you just pet her, she's fine."
- "Should we tell Guy this isn't actually meat?"
- "The only reason they never show Jim Cantore below the waist when he's on TV is because he's got a stiffy watching horrible weather form."
- "Dammit, you called me over here to hug me just so I'd walk into your fart."
Thing is, the normal, banal stuff we did (going to Sam's Club, cooking dinner, reading magazines and drinking Aveda Tea) was just as fun if not more fun that the unusual, fun, girly stuff we did (shopping, going to the spa). It was a delight just to sit around and attempt to pet Hazel as she finally got used to Kitty's presence and would occasionally stroll by. I know I'll get to go see her in about two months, when I come to her college to guest lecture for her colleague's class, but still I wept bitter tears as I dropped her off at the top ramp of DIA and yet more tears came as I drove the long highway back to Denver, my passenger seat empty for the first time in seven days.
May cannot come soon enough. I love you Kitty.