Sunday, May 18, 2008

This is propuh.

I arrived in Georgia yesterday about midday, and I must say it was wonderful to be back, if only for a few days. The humidity was a welcome change (never thought I'd hear myself say that), as was the near-80 degree temps we had (also never thought I'd be happy about heat, but it's been a weird, kinda-snowy spring in Denver). We made a stop at Chick-Fil-A on the way home to get me a small lunch and a huge sweet tea--NOM. We arrived at the Happy Kitten Cottage to see our indefatigable Mom wandering around and tidying up as she went. After hugs hello, Mom and I set about our favorite hobby, which is cleaning Kitty's kitchen.

Kitty's been extraordinarily busy this semester, and in the past week she's been attempting to clean the house in time for my arrival. However, she ran out of gas when she got to the kitchen. Mom and I, the super-organize/clean freaks, amused ourselves by wiping down counters and putting things away and filling the dishwasher. It's a hard-knock life.

We spent the evening at our favorite BBQ joint in town, then off the to grocery store to goof around. (I think Kitty's going to do a post about the grocery store tomfoolery that ensued.) Then it was time for paraffin pedicures (so posh, my peoples) and bed.

Today will be more food and fun--lunch with Mom and El Seebeno out at the Happy Kitten Farm, then dinner with Linda Lou, Kitty's colleague for whom I'm guest lecturing on Monday. Then home for yet more tomfoolery and snuggling with all these wonderful and rurnt kittehs at the HKC.

This is the most relaxed I've been in months, y'all. Lawd, it's nice to be home.

2 comments:

Enginerd said...

word.

revintraining said...

I'm glad you're having a great time with Kitty and the rest of your fam. :)