- I have such a low tolerance for football announcers. One of them said, "The rain is definitely having a little bit of an effect on this game." Wow! Definitely having a little bit of effect? Why not just say how unbelievably so-so something is? Or how compellingly okay it is?
- Another line that made me laugh, spoken after yet another long Rex Grossman pass: "The Bears go downtown more than any other team in the NFL." Really? Must be why the Bears cheerleaders are smiling so widely.
- Why is Prince wearing a headrag like he was just vacuuming and washing dishes before he whipped off his apron and ran out onto the field to do the halftime show?
- Why is Prince doing a Foo Fighters song? What, he doesn't have enough well-known songs of his own for us Gen-X'ers to sing along with?
- Know what this game's missing? John Madden reminding everyone just how important the quarterback is. (I know, I know, he's not employed by CBS....)
- I know CSI is CBS' most popular show franchise, and I know the Super Bowl is in Miami tonight, but must I continually be subjected to David Caruso's overly-dramatic sunglasses-removal-intense-look combo in every single CSI: Miami clip? And why didn't Jade sink his career? Seriously!
Time for the second half.