Sunday, April 15, 2007

Crossing the streams

I've gotten the most interesting invitation. Through six degrees of Miss Kitty, I might get to speak to a college class near where my sister Miss Kitty teaches. She knows someone who knows someone who wants an architect to speak to their class of impressionalbe young college-age minds. I'm trying hard to figure out how to put together a 90-minute discussion of modern architecture and how its changes reflect American culture at large. I'm also trying to figure out how to get all this done in time to fly into Atlanta and do this lecture in about a month's time. I suppose this will tell whether I'm cut out for teaching.

(Oh, and you get bonus points if you can name the 1980s blockbuster movie from which I took this post's title.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ghost Busters. Wearing an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on your back is cool.

Enginerd said...

cool. you are entering into the world of shaping impressionable youth.

have fun with it. and don't forget to make them laugh. I like to, every now and then, throw in a slide with a funny quote.

I'm sure you'll find something to use, but here's a title for you:

"The evolution of Fonts in Personal Computing and how it has shaped our architectural tendancies."

bwwhahahaha
I need caffine.
happy monday.

Tom Harper said...

I would've guessed A River Runs Through It (kind of farfetched I know) except that it didn't come out 'til the early '90s.

Who Hijacked Our Country