- You know, "word up" really is the code word; because no matter where you say it, you know that you'll be heard.
- Know what would be awesome right now? If this whole meeting turned into a dance number, like "Age of Aquarius" from Hair. But I'd have to sing the title track 'cuz I know I'm the only one of us who can do a sustained vibrato.
- I have got to have Mom hem these pants. I swear to God, how did my ass get so close to the ground that I need petite-length pants hemmed?
- Why do I seem to get along better with electrical engineers than mechanical engineers? Except for that one punk Miss Kitty dated, they're just so easy to get along with. And they don't want much, just a 9x10 room to put all their breakers and ATS's in.
- Fame! I'm gonna live forever...I'm gonna learn how to fly! High!
- Dammit. I didn't get a chance to put on lipstick before I got here. Maw-Maw always said never go into battle without your war paint on.
- Man, SOL's having a sale this weekend. What time do they open? I better be there spot-on or I'll never get a fitting room.
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
I attended a meeting at one of the medical facilities on which I'm working. A building we'll call Mile High Research and Clinic (MHRC) is where I'm doing the procedure suite and the radiology suite, and today was a meeting with the doctors and bigwigs in charge of the scope procedure suite. First of all, I really hate meetings, mostly because they exhaust me. My pal (and local psychologist) Vinnie says it's because meetings require a great deal of focus and listening, which in turn take a lot of energy. I'm good at focusing and listening, but after a couple of hours without a break, I'm done for. Add to the pressure of this meeting that the facilities director at MHRC thought we were doing a user group meeting and we thought we were doing a final plan check before we issued CDs tomorrow afternoon, and now we're focused with lots of cranky energy in the air. Around 10 or 10:30am, while the engineers explained how baseboard heaters worked and the docs rambled on about bronch carts, my mind drifted to the following thoughts:
Posted by Mile High Pixie at 7:53 PM