Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Like a cat covering crap on a marble floor.

I'm about to get busy...well, at home anyway. Oh, get your minds out of the gutter. It occurred to me today that I'm supposed to fly to Georgia on May 18th to do a lecture at one of Miss Kitty's colleague's class, and I still have a long way to go writing my lecture notes, much less putting together a handout for the chirrens. Holy trabeated rooflines, Batman. I need to make like Kool & the Gang and get down on it.

After an exhausting punchlist on the patient wing at Wheatlands on Monday, my contractor called and said the more she though about it, the more she felt like punching Area D (emergency department, radiology, rehab, and lobby) was going to take two days. I fully agreed and proceeded to book a hotel room in Wheatlands for next Wednesday night. I also have to go to a hospital board meeting the week after that, so I'll be getting another hotel room for that night so I can make the OAC meeting the morning after that too. I was bored out of my mind today at work, but when I'm at Wheatlands, I don't know whether to wind my butt or scratch my watch.

In my boredom today, I managed to end up working for Wanda this afternoon. Holy crap, was she...normal. I mean calm, funny, clear, direct, and great to work for. She's working on a development feasibility study for Pomme de Terre to see if they want to buy another building next door to them and develop it, and I have the time to help her right now. Man, whatever she's taking to feel better and be calm, I'm putting it in the Denver municipal water supply.

I'll try to post when I can, but I really gotta buckle down and get my notes written for this lecture so I can organize a handout. I'm only up to the start of Victorian architecture, and I need to make sure I sound like I know my permanent polychromic masonry from a hole in the ground.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Pixie. I would definately get on that lecture. Especially considering Miss Kitty's entry today...

The Wandering Author said...

Oh, yes. You don't want Miss Kitty to give you a D, do you? ;-)

I mentioned this in another comment, but if I remember correctly, Blogger ate it. You would be a natural to write a book about architecture for laymen. I hope you think about it.

Anonymous said...

When you talk to the college students, be sure to a picture of a Frank Gehry building with you.

Mile High Pixie said...

Faded, trust me, I'll be bringing a pic of the King of Disasterpieces with me. Someone has to serve as a warning.